Monday 6 August 2012

Art Course • Day 1

Hi everyone! For some experience I decided this summer to go on an art course to widen my knowledge on the art world. I definitely want to pursue a career in the art and fashion world so I though it would be a smart idea to go on course to add to me portfolio and to see if this is really for me and what I want to do. The course I chose was " Creating a Portfolio". The first day was pretty eventful. Firstly I found myself in the wrong room and the wrong course, so I had to come a little late but it didn't matter too much as nothing had started. After that dilemma had ended we introduced ourselves to the people on the course. I got to know a few people which was nice. We did lots of different drawing exercises, one in which we had too draw quick sketches of a model in outrages clothes for 30 seconds. We used our hand which we usually wouldn't use for another 30 seconds and then gripping the pencil in our whole hand for another 30 seconds. We did this several times using different media; pencil, pen, ink, colour pencil. We made a final piece which we worked on for five minutes which we then had to become inspired by to create a collage. I made this collage using old magazines and cutting them up and sticking them the way we wanted. This was the end of the day, so I'm looking forward to see what tomorrow brings me!

Are you interested in art and fashion? Have you ever taken a course? 

3 comments:

  1. Im not really arty but this looks like fun:) I hope you have a great time! x

    www.thebeauty-mix.blogspot.co.uk
    @TheBeautyMix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and oh well, everyone to their own liking! Xx

      Delete